One of the common things I hear from authors is, “I don’t want to market or sell my work – I just want to write!”
Your book needs more from you than just the writing, though.
After your book is published, there are all sorts of things that the author (and only the author!) can do to champion their work, and make sure it’s read by as many people as possible.
One of those champion activities is collecting testimonials.
Here’s what I talk about with Susan Friedmann, CSP during the 30-minute interview on the Book Marketing Mentors podcast:
- How to go about asking for testimonials for your book
- Should you expect people to read your book before giving you a testimonial?
- Why 3-star reviews are important
- Interviewing is essential in the testimonial gathering process
- Why low-risk people are important in the testimonial gathering process
- What to do if you want a “big name” testimonial
- What is the optimum number of testimonials
- Little-known secrets to making testimonial collection easier
- 6 key questions you need to ask to get a meaningful testimonial
Some of the topics we discuss – like competitive research, reaching out to “big name” people, and how to gather testimonials effectively – are applicable to people outside the author world, as well.
P.S. Here are 4 ways I can help you grow your platform:
Grab a free copy of the Solopreneur Spreadsheet Pack
Download these 4 spreadsheets to get a clear handle on the metrics that matter to your business, and identify where your business is the most profitable. — Click Here
Join the Solopreneur Guildhall
This is our free Facebook community where smart freelancers, makers, and thought leaders (solopreneurs who guide their business by their passions) can connect, collaborate, and ask for feedback from their peers across the world. — Click Here
Register for my next free masterclass
“Building your Value Ladder” airs on Wednesday, January 15 at 9am New Zealand time – which is Tuesday, January 14 at 12pm Pacific / 4pm Eastern. Register and I’ll send you the replay if you can’t attend – and a copy of my Value Ladder Workbook. — Click Here
Join me for 1-on-1 coaching
I help solopreneurs articulate, improve, and promote their offers. I love to see my clients create a clear marketing message, one that improves their sales conversations and increases revenue, so they can make more authentic choices with how they spend their time. Could I do the same for you? Click here to schedule a discovery call.